|Bulletin Board #070816|
1) "Cars that raced on the Florida Beaches," March 9, 2008, Concours d'Elegance in Amelia Beach, Land
Speed Racing cars such as the Olds Rocket, Buick Bug, Wisconsin Special, etc, will be on display. See site at
www.ameliaconcours.org. (Bill Warner)
2) www.hotrodhotline.com or www.oilstick.com for hot rods, news, racing biographies, articles and book reviews.
3) 70th Anniversary of the Southern California Timing Association (SCTA) to be celebrated this year.
4) The Society of Landspeed Historians has formed and newsletter is available from Rnparks2@juno.com.
5) Cruisin' For a Cure Car Show, 22 Sept 2007, Orange County Fairgrounds, Costa Mesa, CA 7am-5pm.
6) CRA reunion January 29, 2008 at Knotts Berry Farm Hotel, Buena Park, CA (Walt James)
7) Chuck Abbott, Dry Lakes Racing Hall of Fame member, passed away August 12, 2007. Funeral services are
at Eternal Valley, 23287 Sierra Hwy, Newhall, CA. 3pm, Saturday, August 18, 2007. The funeral is posted on
the website of: http://www.oilstick.com/rparks/obit/index.htm. (This site by E. Roth has many posted obituaries)